CityWay strives for sustainability in everything we do. The Alexander has been awarded LEED® Silver certification in LEED’s New Construction & Major Renovations category. The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
The entire CityWay project includes eco-friendly features that offer efficiency, comfort and
sustainability. And with benets that positively impact you and the environment, you can enjoy a
lifestyle that offers the best of both worlds. It all starts with a resident-friendly, and eco-friendly,
multi-use concept. Steps away from your home you’ll nd shops, restaurants, entertainment and
more – all within walking distance. The green benets continue with abundant vegetation, recycling
programs, low-ow plumbing xtures and even reserved parking for carpool and/or high efciency
vehicles. Put it all together and “going green” benets you as much as it does the environment.
These specic items identify many of the environmentally conscious design aspects that are to be a
part of this innovative project.
• Carefully planned site design that maximizes existing infrastructure for utilities, public
transportation and convenience retail.
• 10% of parking spaces designated for fuel-efcient or carpool preferred parking, as well as
dedicated drop-off and pick-up areas for carpools.
• 25% of all project open space will be vegetated.
• Use of a mature tree canopy, light colored hardscape materials, vegetated or very light roong
materials and light colored concrete to reduce the heat island effect.
• Installation of low-ow faucets and other plumbing xtures to greatly reduce water consumption.
• A cistern system that will collect storm water to reuse for irrigation.
• Installation of energy efcient mechanical equipment, appliances, and light xtures, as well as
separately metered residential apartments to promote the reduction of overall energy consumption.
• 35% of the project’s electricity will be derived from renewable sources.
• The project will incorporate an easily accessible recycling program that will include collection
and storage of paper, cardboard, glass, plastics and metals.
• All HVAC systems will meet ASHRAE standards for Thermal Comfort Conditions for Human Occupancy.
• The integration of natural daylight by providing direct line of sight to the outdoor environment
via windows or other glazing in at least 90% of the regularly occupied areas.
• Management entities for the hotel and residential units will also promote the use of
environmentally friendly housekeeping products and procedures in operation and
maintenance of the buildings post occupancy.
CityWay has also been awarded 2014's Best Green Community from the National Apartment Association. Read More